The name Dublin comes from the old Irish word “dubh” meaning black and “linn” meaning pool, referring to a dark tidal lake where the River Poddle entered the River Liffey on the site of Dublin Castle. This poster is printed from Victorian wood types and Monotype Univers found within the collection of Distillers Press, NCAD, Dublin. It utilises a two-tone gradient (black to blue) symbolising the meaning of Dublin.
- Printed by The Salvage Press, NCAD
- 170 gsm Lambeth acid free stock paper
- Adwest Western Style proofing press
- Two-tone gradient (Black to blue)
- Hand-composed type
- Dimensions: 700 x 500mm
- Comes packaged in protective tube.