Anatome's best selling signature lavender essential oil blend for sleep contains botanical ingredients with proven relaxing and sleep-inducing properties. Centred around three types of lavender, it promotes relaxation and helps support a deeper, more restorative sleep. The essential oil blend is applied across the body, and takes about one week to begin to positively impact and support your sleep.
Three types of Lavender (French, Cornish and Himalayan) have been carefully selected for their calming properties due to their high concentration of linalyl acetate and linalool. Studies have shown that these compounds inhibit several neurotransmitters in the brain, resulting in a sedative-like and pain-relieving effect. Lavender also lowers the heart rate and reduces anxiety.
English Peppermint is another botanical that is known for his positive impact on sleep. In a randomized controlled trial where it was tested along with lavender, the study found that inhaling peppermint or lavender before sleep improved the quality of sleep of patients.
- Encourage physical relaxation
- Support deeper, quality sleep
- Promote restorative sleep
- Directions of use:
- All of Anatome's essential oil blends are created primarily for topical use on sensory points. They can also be used in a diffuser to scent your personal space, or in a warm bath.
- On the skin: Apply 2 drops on suggested key sensory points, massage into the skin and inhale with a few deep breaths. The diagram indicates the sensory points most relevant to this oil, and have been carefully chosen for maximum therapeutic benefits.
- In a diffuser: 1 full pipette into diffuser.
- In a bath: 3-5 full pipettes into warm bath.